Tuesday, July 17, 2007

So here we go...

So my sister has essentially dared me to start a blog. That's how most of my productive endeavors start out. So here's hoping that works out for me. She's a tremendous writer, so any attempt to be overly clever will fall way short of her vicious wit (aebidabbadoo.blogspot.com). I'm going to stick with the basics until a) I prove that I'm up for the whole blogging regularly thing and b) I figure out how to work what is seeming to be a straightforward "Click here now" kind of interface.

A couple of things to know before we get started....
1) One reason I've put off starting a blog is because I couldn't think of a good name for it. I thought of "My Humble, Yet Usually Accurate, Opinion" as I was falling asleep last night, so thought today was a good day to get started. I love that everyone has a humble opinion and often labels it as such, when what they really mean is "I'm right and you're not, but I'm going to thinly veil that point because in addition to not being right there's a chance you're not bright either."

2) My writing is fairly stream-of-consciousness. I'm not writing for work or school, so I think I deserve the luxury to be unstructured. That is unfortunate for readers, however, so stand by for revisions to that policy. If I'm annoyed when I reread this later, I'll make a greater effort to collect myself and have a clearer point.


Right...I guess having a point next time should be at the top of my to-do list for the blog. Can only tackle one thing at a time. So today's thing was getting started and naming the thing. More to come....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"My Humble, Yet Usually Accurate, Opinion" This is my life. I am the husband of this beautiful, brilliant woman and live with the daily reminder of accuracy. I am proud to have the honor of hearing those accurate opinions and the wisdom to listen closely even when I insist I am right. I love my Susan "Sleeping Beauty" and look forward to reading the thoughts of a brilliant woman.

Your Loving Husband,
Beau

Wendy said...

LOVE IT!! I'm giddy with anticipation of your next entry!